While country music is widely known for its drinkin’, Cheatin’ and religious songs, love songs have a highly prominent place in the genre as well. In fact, I argue that country music is the home of the best love songs of all time.
What got me thinking about this topic is that Bill and I celebrate our 4-year anniversary today! I realize that it’s completely self indulgent, but I’d like to know your favorite country love songs.
Some of mine are:
- Kathy Mattea, “Where’ve You Been?”
- Martina McBride, “All The Things We’ve Never Done”
- Randy Travis, “Forever And Ever Amen” & “Deeper Than The Holler”
- Vince Gill, “Look At Us”
- Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash, “It Takes One To Know Me”
- John Denver, “Annie’s Song” (I may like John Berry’s version even better)
- Mary Chapin Carpenter, “Grow Old With Me”
- Josh Turner, “Angels Fall Sometimes”
- George Strait, “Any Old Love Won’t Do”
Of course, that’s just the beginning of my list to get the conversation started.