Sound Off: Patty Loveless, Sleepless Nights

August 22, 2008

Roger Newcomb sent us the following videos that are being used for promotion of the upcoming Patty Loveless album, Sleepless Nights.    This is one of the most anticipated albums at Country Universe this fall.  Let us know what you think in the comments.

Category: Sound Off
Tags:

1. Blake BoldtNo Gravatar says:

I viewed these clips last night. Terrific.

2. Thanks, Kevin. I can’t wait for this album to come out. I love how Saguaro is really promoting it and Patty. Her last couple of Epic albums were not promoted at all and a lot of people I know didn’t even know she had new music out.

3. BrendaNo Gravatar says:

Sounds great! Brought back memories of when I first heard that voice and fell in love with it.

4. MarcNo Gravatar says:

Is it just me, or does she age around the eyes?

Still.. that voice.. can’t wait.

Can’t wait for this CD!

6. Steve F.No Gravatar says:

I think Patty does an amazing job with these classics. She not only reinvigorates them, she revitalizes and resurrects them to something even more trancendent and timeless than the originals.

What a golden Midas voice…Patty Loveless has a pure, magic-making Country voice that seem to get better and better with age.

And these songs, they reach deeper and deeper with each repeated listening!

Roger, you are so right about Saguaro doing justice by our girl! Very refreshing indeed.

-Steve from Boston

7. TomNo Gravatar says:

thanks for posting those clips, roger. nice move.

8. Steve F.No Gravatar says:

Oh, and on the song SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, that is Vince Gill singing harmony vocals..Patty and Vince together again!

I read this in Patty’s cut by cut commentary on each song, but I don’t see any or the background vocalists in the studio videos.