October 20, 2008
The next category on the Country Ballot is Best Male Country Vocal Performance. There are more performances to choose from among the men, with 83 entries compared to 64 for the women. It’s a typically eclectic mix, as one would expect from the Grammys. I had less trouble narrowing down this list.
The five nominees I would pick for Best Male Country Vocal Performance are:
- Gary Allan, “Learning How to Bend”
- Rodney Crowell, “Sex and Gasoline”
- Alan Jackson, “Small Town Southern Man”
- Jamey Johnson, “In Color”
- Randy Travis, “Dig Two Graves”
What do you think of the submissions in this category? What five artists would you nominate, and for which recordings?