Discussion: Another Saturday Night

November 29, 2008

It’s Saturday night, a good night for going out and having a good time.    Don’t let the naysayers shame you into thinking such partying’s beneath you.    Just heed the words and wisdom of Cal Smith:

Update: Just for the record, this video has the best crowd shot in history at 1:51.

What’s your favorite party song?

Category: Discussion
Tags:

1. Mike M.No Gravatar says:

I think for me it will always be “Friends in Low Places.” There’s just something about it. Whenever it comes on everyone stops and sings along, country lover or country hater. It’s completely universal.

2. Greg MNo Gravatar says:

Get Drunk and Be Somebody – Toby Keith

Hey, at least it’s catchy.

3. RainbowNo Gravatar says:

“Man! I Feel Like A Woman!” – Shania

Hard to believe I’m a guy, right?

4. ZachNo Gravatar says:

probably “Sunshine & Summertime” byt Faith Hill.
    of course, it goes more with the summer :)

5. Chris D.No Gravatar says:

I have to agree with Rainbow, my friends say that is my song. Once I requested it at a dance as a joke and it stuck for 2 years now. XD

(Ps, I’m a guy too)

6. StephenNo Gravatar says:

“Last Name” (CU) is the only country party song. I heard it at a rave once (not even kidding – I’m 16). The rest of the party songs are either rock, rap, or pop. You have to understand, I’m a multifaceted 16 year old. My musical tastes are very diverse.

The DJ remixed “Last Name” and a techno song and it sounded awesome. It was a sick party.

…good times.

(No drugs though. Drugs are for losers.)

I second “Friends in Low Places”

I will third the ‘Friends In Low Places’ and add a few of my own …

Diamond Rio – It’s All In Your Head
    Confederate Railroad – Elvis And Andy
    Mark Chesnut – Bubba Shot The Jukebox
    Dan Seals – Bop
    Gary Allan – Bourbon Borderlin
    Reba – Wrong Night

Recently I’ve been a big fan of Jason Michael Carroll’s “I Can Sleep When I’m Dead.”

On the more psychologically complex side of the matter, I like the party-off-your-broken-heart mentality of Loretta Lynn’s “I’m a Honky Tonk Girl” and Patsy’s “Honky Tonk Merry-Go-Round.” Come to think of it, there are a lot of classic up-tempos with “Honky Tonk” in the title that are pretty cool.

Oh, and I have to say how much I like this song you posted … especially the lyrics. Man, I wish they wrote songs like that today …

11. ZachNo Gravatar says:

I must add “Down At The Twist And Shout” by mary chapin carpenter.. cant believe i forgot that one ;)