Maybe it’s just because I have so many songs on my iPod to begin with, but I’m often surprised when I put my iPod on shuffle. Songs pop up that I didn’t know I owned, along with others that I’d completely forgotten about.
You know the drill. You buy the album because you like the lead single, listen to it once, then you go back to the old stuff you always listen to. At least that’s what I do. I won’t even get into the albums that are sent to me for potential review.
So I thought this would be a fun iPod Check:
Put your mp3 player on Shuffle, and type the first ten songs that you either forgot you owned or didn’t know you owned at all.
Here’s my list:
- Shelby Lynne, “Track 12”
- Johnny Cash, “Slow Rider”
- Frank Sinatra, “Fly Me to the Moon”
- Sylvia, “Snapshot”
- Leonard Cohen, “Suzanne”
- Little Anthony and the Imperials, “Goin’ Out of My Head”
- Loretta Lynn, “Jackson Ain’t a Very Big Town”
- Foster & Allen, “Sweet Offaly Lady”
- Cat Stevens, “Lady D’Arbanville”
- Doug Stone, “Come in Out of the Pain”
I’m pretty sure I picked up Doug Stone’s hits collection in a bargain bin for road trip amusements. I totally forgot about buying the Sinatra classic.
What are your finds?