Stagecoach Festival: <em>Your Call</em>

indioIt has finally cooled off here in Southern California, so I'm headed out to the Stagecoach Festival in Indio, California this weekend, April 25-26! The country cousin of Coachella, Stagecoach is now in its third year and will be playing host to nearly 40 acts, including Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Little Big Town, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band and Miranda Lambert.

I'm excited for the festival, particularly because it hosts a mix of country music, from mainstream country to bluegrass, folk, roots rock and alt-country.  With three different stages – appropriately named “Mane,” “Palomino” and “Mustang” –  set on the beautiful Empire Polo fields in Indio, the Festival provides a fantastic opportunity to check out the entire gamut of styles and personalities in country music.

This year, Stagecoach is featuring the following artists:

> Miranda Lambert

• James Intveld
  • Hot Club of Cowtown
  • Ralph Stanley
  • Ricky Scaggs
  • Peter Rowan
  • Greensky Bluegrass
  • I'm setting out to review as many of the performances at Stagecoach for Country Universe as possible, but I recognize that it may be hard to hear every single act.  So, I am asking you guys, the readers, to help me out:

Which five (5) acts performing at Stagecoach do you most want to read about here at Country Universe? Any burning questions you want answered?

Anyone else headed to Stagecoach?

15 Comments on Stagecoach Festival: <em>Your Call</em>

1. Dan MillikenNo Gravatar // April 22, 2009 at 6:48 pm //

Ooo, great idea to field our wish lists! Very smart.

The five acts I’d most like to read about are Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Jim Lauderdale, Zac Brown Band, and Jerry Jeff Walker.

As for questions, it’d be cool to hear from Miranda and Little Big Town what we can expect on their next albums, and I’d love to hear straight from Jerry Jeff Walker whether there are any plans in place to properly anthologize his work (especially all his classic albums from the late 60’s and through the 70’s, plus 1988’s Gypsy Songman) in a box set or any other sort of comprehensive reissue series, preferably with good remastered sound. I know that’s a super-fan kind of request, but hey, you asked! :)

2. Canadian BoyNo Gravatar // April 22, 2009 at 7:14 pm //

Reba, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, and Randy Houser

3. Reba, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Lady Antebellum, and Kid Rock (mainly cuz I’m intrigued to see what kind of flavor he’ll bring).

On a side note, I’m totally jealous that you get to go! There are a ton of acts that I’d love to see!! I wish we had this good of a lineup at our local festival (Country Thunder in AZ) but even then we always get the weaker lineup of the two Thunders.

4. I want to hear about Lynn Anderson — I didn’t know that she still performed!

5. Do not miss the Infamous Stringdusters.

6. Erik NorthNo Gravatar // April 22, 2009 at 9:57 pm //

Poco and Pure Prairie League–the resident and TRUE country-rock acts.

7. Reba, Darius, Miranda, Lady A, and Brad

Thanks! And enjoy! It looks like a great line-up.

8. I will be at Stagecoach this weekend! I can’t wait! I am looking forward to seeing Dale Watson, Lynn Anderson, Poco, and Miranda. I’m also excited to see Jerry Jeff Walker and Pure Prairie League. I plan to see as many performances as possible!

9. Miranda Lambert, Dale Watson, Hot Club of Cowtown, The Infamous Stringdusters and Pure Prairie League

10. Reba, Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker.

11. I too will be sweating it out at Stagecoach.

I’m actually most looking forward to The Knitters, Charlie Daniels, Dale Watson, The Duhks, and James Intveld

12. Kevin J. CoyneNo Gravatar // April 23, 2009 at 2:49 pm //

Definitely curious about Miranda Lambert, and I love the Duhks.

13. William WardNo Gravatar // April 23, 2009 at 3:19 pm //

I would definately add my vote for the Duhks. I’ve really enjoyued just about everything I have heard from them. New album was produced by Jay Joyce, the same guy who produced The Greencards new album. You can hear some connections between the direction of both albums.

14. StagecoachNo Gravatar // April 23, 2009 at 3:35 pm //

If you’re still looking for a place to stay for Stagecoach check out for hotels. We’ve put together a list of hotels with rooms at all different price points so that you can spend more time planning your day than hunting for hotels. Happy Stagecoach!!!

15. Chris N.No Gravatar // April 23, 2009 at 3:46 pm //

LBT, Miranda, Skaggs and two electives.

Comments are closed.