What are the five most essential albums in your collection?
I love this question!
Here’s my list:
- Dixie Chicks, Home
- Reba McEntire, For My Broken Heart
- Patty Loveless, When Fallen Angels Fly
- Trisha Yearwood, Hearts in Armor
- Linda Ronstadt, Heart Like a Wheel
Was going to try to do some equal opportunity attempt and squeeze in an album by a male act. But even without repeating artists, the next seven or eight would still be female artists.
So here are my five most essential albums by male artists, for the record
- Johnny Cash, American III: Solitary Man
- Dwight Yoakam, Gone
- Todd Snider, The Devil You Know
- Willie Nelson, Phases and Stages
- Alan Jackson, Like Red on a Rose