Just as country music corners the market on drinking and cheating songs, it also expertly explores the emotions that often accompany slowing down on Sundays. Iconic classics like “Sunday Morning Coming Down” and even modern hits such as “Sunday in the South” and “That’s What I Like About Sunday” describe that day of rest and reflection in various ways.
What are some of your favorite songs about Sunday? Here are some of mine.
- Clay Walker, “Seven Sundays”
- Blue County, “Sunday Driver”
- Elizabeth Cook, “Sunday Morning”
- Marty Stuart & Loretta Lynn, “Will You Visit Me on Sunday”
- Darrell Scott, “It Must Be Sunday“
* Of Course, Johnny Cash’s version of “Sunday Morning Coming down”, along with the others listed in the intro, are favorites of mine too.