Jonathan posted an excellent review of “Dime Store Cowgirl” today, which is an autobiographical song by Kacey Musgraves.
Today’s top five asks you to share your favorite autobiographical country songs, the ones where the artist/writer tells their own story in song.
There are so many of these I like, from Johnny Cash’s “Five Feet High and Rising” to Carlene Carter’s “Me and the Wildwood Rose,” but while making my list, I realized I couldn’t pick just one Dolly Parton song. So my top five is just songs by her. But please feel free to mix up the artists on your own list!
Here’s My Top Five:
- Dolly Parton, “Just Because I’m a Woman”
- Dolly Parton, “In the Good Old Days (When Times Were Bad)”
- Dolly Parton, “Coat of Many Colors”
- Dolly Parton, “Shattered Image”
- Dolly Parton, “Backwoods Barbie”