September is upon us, which means that young adults have excitedly headed off to college while parents have sent their babies off to join the world.
What are some of your favorite songs about children leaving home to spread their wings, whether it’s for college or another adventure away from home, and/or parents who have to let them go?
- Brad Paisley & Pat Green, “College”
- Alan Jackson, “You Can Always Come Home”
- Garth Brooks, “Send ‘Em on Down the Road”
- Suzy Bogguss, “Letting Go”
- Dixie Chicks, “Wide Open Spaces”