Bargain Hunter: Sugarland’s Twice the Speed of Life ($2.99)

July 27, 2009

It has been awhile since Amazon has had a Daily Deal worth mentioning here. However, they have returned to country music in a big way today by offering Sugarland’s smash debut album, Twice the Speed of Life for just $2.99.

This album, by one of country music’s most popular duos, famously includes the radio hits, “Baby Girl”, “Something More”, and “Just Might (Make Me Believe)”. it also includes my new personal Sugarland favorite (as I’ve just bought the album thanks to this deal), the unreleased organic-sounding “Hello.”

So, if you are like me and don’t already own this album, this is your chance to give it a try with minimal chance of buyer’s remorse. I did it and I’m happily not disappointed.

Category: Bargain Hunter
Tags:

1. What a deal! Too bad I already bought the CD. Is this a new promotion thing that Amazon does?

2. [...] Sugarland’s 2004 debut album Twice the Speed of Life is currently $2.99 on Amazon. (via Country Universe) [...]

Yes, everyday, Amazon chooses a different digital album to discount. It’s not always country, but it’s always worth checking out.

4. lauraNo Gravatar says:

I really like this album. I think ‘Stand Back Up’ is the stand out, it’s one of my favourite Sugarland songs.

5. Chris D.No Gravatar says:

You didn’t have this one already Leeann?

No, Chris, I’ve never been a big Sugarland fan, actually. I didn’t like the singles from their first two albums, except for “Stay.” I still don’t really like those singles, but it turns out that I like a lot of the album tracks from that album. I checked out the clips for Enjoy the Ride after grabbing this album and being pleasantly surprised, but they didn’t impress me much.

7. Kevin J. CoyneNo Gravatar says:

I love “Stand Back Up” from this album, along with “Hello.” I wasn’t a huge fan of their second set, but their first and third, I love.

Yup. “Hello” and “Stand Back Up” seem like the stand outs here, especially “Hello” for me due to the rootsy production that I’m always a sucker for.

I didn’t care for any of the singles off this one, either (except for “Down In Mississippi (Up to No Good)”), but I really like a lot of the album tracks. “Tennessee” is my favorite – the production is a neat blend of styles, plus I’m just a sucker for a plucky little song like that (which is probably why I also really like “County Line” off of Enjoy The Ride).

10. Kevin J. CoyneNo Gravatar says:

I have to say that I absolutely love “Something More.” Didn’t hurt that I quit my first real job after five years around the time of release. Played that song to death that spring!

11. Chris D.No Gravatar says:

Leeann, I would give Enjoy The Ride a try on last.fm:

You would probably like “Sugarland”, “One Blue Sky”, “Country Line” and “April Showers”. Definitely listen to “One Blue Sky”, it’s a great song about a flood and praying for sunlight- it’s a great song.

“Didn’t hurt that I quit my first real job after five years around the time of release. Played that song to death that spring!”

I love when the timing of songs works out like that.

Weirdly, I much preferred “Settlin’” to “Something More,” even though they’re pretty much the same song thematically. I think I just preferred the beat of “Settlin’,” plus my chances of liking “Something More” were ruined by that video’s mad overplaying back when I used to do my homework to CMT (and back when CMT used to play videos).