May 16, 2013
A song about a narrator whose woman completes him is a worthwhile concept, so long as one avoids pouring on the syrup. But in this case, the execution falls very flat.
May 11, 2013
Hunter Hayes just scored a decently big pop hit with “Wanted”, which was initially his first big country hit. Perhaps that’s why he’s taking a cue from the pop market, and re-releasing his first album in an expanded edition called (Encore) this summer.
May 11, 2013
It’s hard not to root for Chris Young. He can really sing and his music would sound identifiably country if it was released twenty years ago, making it sound like Hank Williams in comparison to what’s passing for it these days.
May 1, 2013
UPDATE: Contest closed. Congratulations to winner Brandy!
April 26, 2013
An extensive tribute piece to follow. In the meantime, enjoy the voice that will remain immortal and share your memories and favorite songs in the comments.
- new golf gti turbo on Say What?-Kristian Bush of Sugarland
- golf clubs on ACM 2010: Ladies Night
- Rick on News: Reba McEntire signs with Valory Music
- Pacey on Single Review: Justin Moore, “Point at You”
- Markus Meyer on Single Review: Justin Moore, “Point at You”
- bob on Single Review: Justin Moore, “Point at You”
- Gabe on Single Review: Chris Young, “Aw Naw”
- Cati on Single Review: Hunter Hayes, “I Want Crazy”
- 100 Greatest Men
- 100 Greatest Women
- 400 Greatest Singles of the Nineties
- Album Reviews
- Favorite Songs By Favorite Artists
- Retro Single Reviews
- Single Reviews
- All Things Country
- American Twang
- CMT Blog
- Country California
- Country Standard Time
- Engine 145
- Farce the Music
- Music & More
- My Kind of Country
- Right Next to Mars
- Slant Magazine
- That Nashville Sound
- The 1-to-10 Country Music Review
- The Widening Geier